Collection of Personal Data
From time to time and for the purpose of funding schemes or collaboration of projects, you may be requested to provide data that may directly or indirectly identify you or other person(s) as an individual (“Personal Data”). The scope of Personal Data required may include, but is not limited to the followings:
- Full name, gender, date and place of birth;
- Information for verification of identity or citizenship including identification type and identification number such as Hong Kong Identity Card or passport details, visa information, residence or work permit;
- Contact details such as office and/or home address, telephone number, mobile phone number, fax number and email address;
- Educational and professional background including details of examination results, references, past scholarships, awards, employment, community services or extra-curricular activities;
- Financial and billing information including income, expenses, financial statements, identity of other funders and details of funding, identity and contact details of beneficiaries, employees or contractors, bank account information and details etc.;
- Your image and voice, including photograph, video or audio recordings; and
- Demographic information such as age, gender, nationality, marital status, preferences etc.
Providing Personal Data to K&K Charity is non-obligatory but failure to do so may result in K&K Charity being unable to process your applications or to provide you with the relevant services.
Use of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be used for the following purposes or any directly-related purposes:
- K&K Charity’s management and administration of their funding programmes including grants, scholarships, sponsorship and/or other related charitable matters;
- Processing of applications relating to funding programmes of K&K Charity stated in paragraph 1, including verifying your identity and eligibility, assessing your suitability of all applicants;
- Collating statistical information of the applicants for the management and administration of K&K Charity’s funding programmes;
- Matching (as defined in the Ordinance) your Personal Data with other data collected for other purposes (by K&K Charity or any third party), in relation to the processing, assessment, administration and/or management of K&K Charity ‘s funding programmes;
- Handling matters relating to the administration of awarding scholarships or related matters;
- Promoting the grants, loans, scholarship or other funding programmes of K&K Charity, such as sending you newsletters, information or promotional materials regrading charitable or community causes, activities and events organized or sponsored by K&K Charity (further details in “Direct Marketing”);
- Facilitating and maintaining communication with person(s) or parties receiving funds or scholarship during the grant period and upon expiry;
- Meeting any obligations, requirements or arrangements of K&K Charity, or in connection with:
- any law, regulation, judgment, court order, sanctions regime in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong”) existing currently and in the future;
- any guidelines, guidance, demand or requests given or issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities in Hong Kong;
- Prevention, detection or investigation of crime.
With prior consent obtained, K&K Charity may use your Personal Data to deliver marketing or promotional communications including news, offers and promotions of charitable events, causes or activities of K&K Charity.
You can always opt-out from receiving such marketing or promotional communications free-of-charge by contacting us.
Disclosure of Personal Data
All Personal Data provided will be kept confidential. However, K&K Charity may disclose Personal Data where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or directly related purpose, for which the Personal Data was collected to the following parties:
- External personnel or organisations (including but not limited to educational or other institutions, associations or organisations, your referees, governmental authorities, assessment or examination boards and awarding bodies) for the purposes or a directly-related purpose for which the personal data was collected or where it is permitted under the Ordinance;
- Any other person or company who is under a duty of confidentiality to K&K Charity and has undertaken to keep such information confidential, provided such person or company has a legitimate right to such information;
- Consultants, agents, contractors, suppliers and any third-party service provider of K&K Charity which provide administrative, marketing and research, distribution, data processing, telecommunications, computer, financial, payment or other services;
- Government and regulatory authorities, investigative bodies and law enforcement agencies and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- Any financial institutions, including banks, necessary to and solely for the purposes of establishing and supporting payment in connection with the funding programmes;
- Your authorised representatives or legal advisers when requested by you to do so.
Links to Third Party Websites
By assessing K&K Charity’s website, you agree that K&K Charity can store and access cookies, IP addresses and use other methods to collect website usage data and improve your online experience.
Cookies are small files on your computer placed by websites or emails you open. They are used to make websites function properly and to provide business and marketing information to the website owners.
With the data collected, K&K Charity’s website will remember the personalized changes to provide better browsing experience. You may refuse to accept cookies by altering the settings on your internet browser but this may disable some functions of the website.
All Personal Data that has been collected from you will only be stored for a duration that is relevant to the purpose for which it was processed as required by the Ordinance.
Commitment to Data Security
K&K Charity is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. A variety of physical, technological and organizational measures are used to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
You are entitled to request access to Personal Data held by K&K Charity about you and to correct such data in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. If you need to check whether we hold your personal information or if you wish to have access to, correct any information relating to you which is inaccurate, please write via e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.